EPP Student Spotlight: Kayla Diaz

Employer: Virginia Premier Health Plan

Motivation to Earn Degree:

I am 30 years old, married, and have two young children, Giovanni and Gianna. We live in Colonial Heights, Virginia where we recently purchased our first home. I am an easy-going person, and I love to spend time with my family. They are the reason why I decided to go back to school and earn my degree in Business Administration.

Career Objective:

I have two terms left to complete, and I will earn my degree! My plan, academically, is to continue my education and pursue an MBA. I want to grow professionally, and I know that with this education, I can do that. I have been working for Virginia Premier Health Plan for more than seven years, and I have learned so much. My goal is to grow within the company and continue developing as a business professional.

Why ECPI University?

I learned through my employer that they had recently entered into a partnership with ECPI University. Through it, I have been able to pursue my degree while working. My advisors at ECPI and the HR specialists at Virginia Premier have made this partnership a great experience. They have been available every step of the way from explaining how to apply for tuition reimbursement to ensuring the employee verification form is filled out and submitted to get the match from ECPI University. 

Advice for Prospective Students:

Always remember, ‘Everything you want is on the other side of fear.’ – Jack Canfield.”

Editor’s Note:

Kayla and Sydney’s employers participate in ECPI University’s Enterprise Partnership Program (EPP). The EPP was designed to assist employers in providing employee growth opportunities through hands-on, skills-based education. This program extends scholarships to eligible employees and their immediate family (spouse and children), which lowers the cost of education.

Be the first to comment on "EPP Student Spotlight: Kayla Diaz"