Healthcare Administration Graduated Moves from Navy to Civilian Career

By Chelsey Demick

I was born in Michigan to a family that was short on change, but full of love. When it came time to graduate from high school, I was stricken with that gut wrenching question of “What are you doing with your life?” (A question posed too soon for such a young age, I might add). I knew I wanted to pursue an education, but my family did not have the funds to support it, so I enlisted in the United States Navy. After two years of service, I had my first and only child, Ava. She became my purpose for everything in those dark or difficult times.

When I returned home after five years of service in the Navy, I was able to continue my education online. I chose ECPI University because they were very familiar with the military community. They are also efficient and supportive. ECPI has helped me in so many ways. I graduated with my Bachelors of Science degree in Health Administration and I am now pursuing an MBA.

“This is not just a school for me, but a close knit community of friends helping me build a road to success for me and my daughter. Thank you ECPI!” -Chelsey Demick Click To Tweet

After graduation, I was able to secure a job in my field at Beaumont Imaging Center. There, I greet patients, verify insurance, scripts, and authorizations for outpatient imaging procedures. In our office we do MRIs, cat scans, X-Rays, and ultrasounds. Often, I will assist with CAT scans, administering contrast solutions to patients. I also schedule and reschedule appointments for patients as well.

I am forever grateful and thankful for the amount of support and dedication I have seen from ECPI University and its staff! This is not just a school for me, but a close knit community of friends helping me build a road to success for me and my daughter. Thank you ECPI!

Be the first to comment on "Healthcare Administration Graduated Moves from Navy to Civilian Career"