Focus on Faculty

Susan Gaborik, RN Instructor/Virginia Beach Campus

Susan Gaborik was a 1972 Graduate of St. Joseph’s School of Nursing with a Diploma and a 1998 Graduate of Old Dominion University with a BSN. She also holds a Master’s Degree in Nursing.

I have touched everything related to nursing over the past 48 years. I have been a bedside nurse in medical/surgical, worked in the emergency department, ICU, oncology, cardiology, pediatrics and OB/GYN. I have managed an education department and moved a hospital to a new location, and served as a nursing director over several units. I have also been the regulatory compliance officer to include post 911 safety officer. 

Most Rewarding Professional Experiences

Too many to count. But most recently, watching students become nurses and knowing I played a part in helping them become successful, critical thinking, compassionate nurses.

Most Rewarding Personal Experiences

Being a part of a marriage that continues to grow and change daily. Being seen as an equal and valued for my opinion and expertise. 

My greatest accomplishment is raising two awesome children. My son is currently a CRNA at Sentara Princess Anne Hospital. His wife is also a nurse working in the OR at Princess Anne.  My daughter is a criminal defense lawyer in Richmond. And I have four grandchildren. My family is the center of my life.

Be the first to comment on "Focus on Faculty"