MBA Graduate Discovers the Best Path is Not Always a Straight Line

When Chelsey Demick was preparing to leave the Navy, she didn’t know what she was going to do. She did, however, know what she did not want to do. “Before I attended ECPI, I was working in logistics,” she says. “Although I was very thorough and exceptional at performing my daily duties, I was not happy. That is why I chose to work toward a different career path by furthering my education.” She put a lot of thought into it, and decided to pursue an accounting degree, but soon realized it was not the right fit and switched to Cybersecurity. After one term, she concluded that was not the right fit either.

“I remember when I was switching my degree so many times, my student advisor was like, ‘What? Oh my gosh! You’re going to lose so many hard-earned credits,’” says Chelsey. “I told her that I understood, but I just didn’t have my heart in it.” She says it was all part of a process she had to go through, and credits her advisors for helping her deal with all that and more. “They really helped me through some dark and depressing times right after my discharge from the Navy,” she says. “I was having a hard time balancing single mom life, school, and full-time work outside of the security blanket of the military. There were many tearful phone calls, but they helped me through it!”

“I feel like my options are endless. I am so grateful to all the professors and staff who were more than willing to help me every step of the way. I am forever grateful and thankful for the experiences I was blessed with at ECPI. Thank you all and cheers to a brighter and better future!”

Chelsey Demick, Online Healthcare Administration Graduate

After some serious soul searching, Chelsey decided she wanted to pursue a degree in Healthcare Administration which she earned last spring. “I found my match,” she says. “Ever since the first class, it was like a breath of fresh air and I knew I was home! My compassionate and empathetic nature has always been drawn to working in a medical atmosphere and I was thankful ECPI was there to help me figure it out!” Following graduation, Chelsey was offered a healthcare administration fellowship with Beaumont Health in Michigan.

A newly-minted college graduate with a job, Chelsey was still not quite finished. She enrolled once again with ECPI University to earn her MBA online which she has just completed. That lead to a new job coordinating patient care at Michigan Medicine, part of the prestigious University of Michigan medical system. “I feel like my options are endless,” she says. “I am so grateful to all the professors and staff who were more than willing to help me every step of the way. I am forever grateful and thankful for the experiences I was blessed with at ECPI. Thank you all and cheers to a brighter and better future!”

Be the first to comment on "MBA Graduate Discovers the Best Path is Not Always a Straight Line"