Dedication to Lifelong Learning Helps Graduate Advance Quickly

During her first five years out of high school, Melissa Sutton moved from job to job, with little or no passion for what she was doing. Then one day, she saw a commercial on TV about ECPI University’s healthcare programs. She had always been interested in healthcare and decided it was time to take a closer look.

She felt she had already wasted five years, so Melissa wasn’t particularly interested in spending another four years in school which is why she was attracted to ECPI University’s year-round, accelerated schedule. After considering her options, she enrolled in the Medical Assisting program at the Charlotte, North Carolina campus.

“I really liked the five-week terms, focusing on just two courses at a time. I think I was able to better absorb what I was learning that way. Also, the faculty went out of the way to make sure I ‘understood’ what was being taught, not just memorizing it.”

~Melissa Sutton, Medical Assisting Graduate – Charlotte Campus

“I really liked the five-week terms, focusing on just two courses at a time,” says Melissa. “I think I was able to better absorb what I was learning that way. Also, the faculty went out of the way to make sure I ‘understood’ what was being taught, not just memorizing it.” She earned her Associate’s degree in just 15 months and went to work for a small medical practice.

After about a year and a half, Melissa was hired by Novant Health to oversee all the medical assistants in one of its practices. She learned all that she could about how the practice functioned, and within a two years, was promoted to Clinic Administrator. A year after that, Novant put her in charge of another practice as well.

[Tweet “Melissa will tell you that it all started with ECPI University”]

Now, Melissa is working on her Bachelor’s degree with an eye on becoming a regional manager one day. With her drive and commitment to lifelong learning, it probably won’t be too far off in the future. Melissa will tell you that it all started with ECPI University, adding, “It changed life, that’s for sure.”

Be the first to comment on "Dedication to Lifelong Learning Helps Graduate Advance Quickly"